Classes, Events, and Workshops, Sip of Art
Art Classes, Events and Workshops, Sip of Art
What’s this you say? Click on the purple button to add yourself to the VIP email list and then sit back and enjoy all the VIP perks. No spammy behaviour here… no no! You will get a once-per month newsletter, chock o’ block full of good stuff, and occasionally, an email with sales updates. Don’t forget to grab your exclusive VIP 20% off any of my artwork discount code.
Take a Class
Wetaskiwin Allied Arts and Crafts Centre
*WOW! FCSS has given the craft centre a grant! This price is 1/2 off Fee: $63 (Supplies included)
HOME SCHOOL ART CLASSES
WANT TO HOLD A CLASS?
So, you’d like to hold a class in your house or at a location near you! I hear you. For years, I’ve listened to what folks want to do with their friends and family in the comfort of their homes and have tailored classes and workshops to their desires.
What it takes:
- The desire to host a workshop or class
- A distraction-free space in your home (or one of yours or my choosing),
- Some agreed-upon dates, your friends, family and/or coworkers.
- Based on the above 3 things, I will work out an affordable price, then we’re golden (and purple and green)!
Here are some of your choices from my repertoire of classes. If you don’t see what you want, talk to me and I’ll arrange something that suits you!
But first, a couple of definitions:
Workshop: Usually 1 or 2 days, often, but not always consecutive, and often on a weekend, 3-5 hours each day.
Classes: The sky’s the limit here! Choose a one-day option, or book me for 4, 6, 8 or 10 weeks on the same day each week.
The best time to arrange for these classes:
Fall Classes: in July and August
Spring Classes: October and November for Winter.
- Watercolour for Beginners- all skill levels welcome. We get you outfitted with supplies with minimal cost (small commitment, just playing and sampling). Then you get to learn a few of the many tricks, in bite sized exercises, of this beautiful art form. I teach about materials, equipment, colour blending, and much more.
- Watercolours Mini Paintings- Applying what you learned in Watercolours for Beginners to small paintings, which can be used for greeting cards or small frames. This could be considered level 2 for watercolours.
- Drawing 101- for beginners, learn line value, texture, shapes and relationships. Depending on how many classes you’d like, you’ll progress from the very basics to being able to see how to draw an object, to execute shading and more.
- Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain- a class that goes deeper into the process of drawing. It’s work, but of course with work comes results! Take your drawing to the next level. Learn how to apply some age-old techniques, use a few different mediums (like charcoal and coloured pencils). This course takes the dedication of 10-12 classes.
- Mask Making- Great for summer activities for kids of all ages. These are decorative masks, meant to hang on the wall. For teens, the option to make masks on their friend, then their friend makes the mask on them! This option would require a day-long workshop. For younger kids, choose the option to use a mask template (provided by me) , which allows them to build the mask on a table. Each mask is unique, and will be painted afterward.
- Mosaic Mirror- create a small, decorative mirror, learning some basic mosaic skills.
- Art Journals-…. what is that, you ask? Take some art supplies (usually mine, since I have way too many), play with them, filling your creative heart’s desire (I show you some tricks and tips), following a theme for an art journal page per class, and fill your journal with your own images and words. It becomes a keepsake of your artistic and heartfelt expressions. Great for homeschooled teens, or moms. Also good for self-lead therapeutic purposes ie: grief, stress or illness relief.
- Nature Journals- Combine the beauty of Art and Nature. Now, add the intrigue of the ever-changing nature of Nature. Whether you are interested for yourself, or for your child, this is a perfect way to reconnect with your natural surroundings. With a little bit of art instruction and my Permaculture experience and knowledge, we will go out into a natural area, observe and document for later viewing, what you have seen and learned about.
Sip of Art- Offered to individuals and groups between 6- 60 people (Note: pricing for one-on-one or groups smaller than 6 available upon request).
To book call: 780 218 4747To complete a painting in 2-3 hours, while having fun, and even learning some art techniques (even for the rookie!), Margot, having had over 15 years of instructing kids and adults, has put together a special recipe of arting guidance.3 WAYS YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN A SIP OF ART
Painting Choices:“Chickadee” is LOADED with art instruction! Allow for 2.5-3 hours for this painting.
- Hold an event in your house! If your space can handle 6 individuals (minimum $270), and you want to be the host to your friends or coworkers., this is your option. You supply the hostessy things…beverages, appetizers etc, in whatever manner you want and I bring all the artsy stuff. Each home is different, so this will require some emailing and phone conversation. And you choose the painting!
- If your home is not big enough to handle the number of guests you wish to host, hold a private event at a location of your choosing (check with me to see where I have connections). All of the hostess and artsy information from #1 applies here too.
- Don’t want to arrange anything? Come, with your own beverage and your fun-artist-hat on, to one of the prearranged public events…call to find out where there’s one in your area: 780 218 4747
Field and Bales can be done on a long, landscape-style canvas upon request.“Mehndi or “Mehendi” is a form of body art from Ancient India, in which decorative designs are created on a person’s body, using a paste, created from the powdered dry leaves of the henna plant. This painting is done with a combination of paint and drawing. It’s very fun!“Sunflower”“We Three”Great for kids and adults! This is a perfect one for a Mom and child Sip of Art!“Love Birds” Great for beginners.“The Buck” has some mixed media elements!Seen here are 2 different paintings. This is to show that these would make an excellent couple’s painting. Some art experience recommended.“Proud Peacock”Come back and look for more paintings. New ones are being created as we speak!FAQsQ:What if I’ve never (or at least not recently) painted?A: COME! Especially if you haven’t recently, or ever painted, let’s get you started. I’m gentle on newbies, and love to see how you can progress from having done nothing to creating something wonderful! All skill levels welcome. Each session and each painting includes some art instruction, and with each brushstroke you will gather more skill. You may pick up a little tip here and there, even if you are a seasoned painter. *NOTE, Seasoned Painters must come with an attitude of merriment and curiosity.Q: Will my painting look better or worse after drinking (whatever beverage I bring)?A: YES. (confused? maybe it’s the drinking). Seriously, though, if you choose to drink, please arrange for a ride or designated driver. Also, neither Margot nor the host of the party is responsible for the drunkenness of you or your painting.Q: Will you bring two projects so that people may choose one? Or, can I work on two projects at a time?A: Just one painting at a time, Speed Racer! Margot’s challenge is to develop paintings that can be done in just 2 hours, and to be able to help each individual, no matter their skill level. This requires all the attention and care she can muster in that 2 hours. For that reason, only one painting will be the focus of each session.Q: Can children attend?A: Some things to consider:1. Children are at a different developmental stage. Having said that parties for kids exclusively, or kids + adults parties can be arranged as well.2. There is limited time in these fast paced sessions. If the event is geared toward adults, then adult-type of instruction will be given.3. And finally, with consideration to the other folks in the room, who’ve paid for this experience as an implied adult-only (alcohol served), we respectfully ask that children be included only after discussing the above considerations with the instructor.
Q: Can I hold a Sip of Art outside?
A: In Alberta, the answer for anything outside is “Maybe!” Subject to time of year (June is best, due to the long days) and the weather, which is not predictable enough to absolutely commit to an outdoor event, but if there is enough space inside to move due to inclement weather, then it’s possible. Please consider asking your guests to help transport tables and chairs inside in an emergency!
NEW! Art Box- For remote or distant learners, I offer a mail-out box of goodies. The contents of each box is determined by what we discuss as your preferred art project, price level, and length of time for completion of the project. We work together, using a variety of computer tools (access-only youtube videos, private facebook group, etc)
Do you have an idea of a class you’d like to take? Let’s talk: firstname.lastname@example.org